Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Have a Heart!

It's that time of year again!  The time of year that I recruit my friends, comrades, coworkers and even my dogs to don their best red and head out to down town Nashville.  It's the time of year to walk the mere 3 miles in an effort to raise awareness about heart disease! 

This is the third year that I have participated in the American Heart Association's Nashville Heart Walk,  and the forth year since I lost my Mother to heart disease. 

It's no big secret..it's personal! 

In 2008, Janet Albertsen, aka Momma Albertsen..wife, mother and friend passed away from Ventricular Fibrillation stemming from Congestive Heart Failure. Like many Americans, Momma Albertsen didn't know the grave consequences of untreated high blood pressure. Like many Americans, she was unaware that high blood pressure is often referred to as the "silent killer". Like many Americans, changing her life style seemed like something she would do "tomorrow". 

Since my Mom's death, along with the American Heart Association, I have been committed to building a better healthier life for myself and anyone else who will listen.  I call out to you for your support in this year's walk.

Since last year's walk, here at Burgundy Buttons; we've taken and even bigger steps toward raising awareness by creating Sew Red for Women and I have been delighted with the response and positive feedback it has received.  I truely feel like we're changing lives, even if just one at a time!

If you haven't had the chance, head on over there and check out the block of the month program going on now!

At least year's walk, my team raised over $10,000!!  Wow!  And we've set our sights on an even bigger year this year!

Show Your Heart! Donate $25.00 or more to my fundraiser and you will be entered into a drawing to win a $50.00 Burgundy Buttons Gift Certificate! Donate $50.00 and receive 2 entries into the drawing. Donate $75.00 and receive 3 entries and so on! Each $25.00 donated will be one entry. $50.00 Gift Certificate Drawing will be held on October 1st.  Donate using this link. Or click on the pledge-o-meter below.


 

I invite you to also visit the American Heart Association to learn ways YOU can live a heart healthy lifestyle. Maybe even save a life!

Participating in Nashville's Heart Walk? Look for me- I'll be the one in the red boa pulling the spoiled dogs in the red wagon!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the walk - such a worthy cause! When is the walk this year? I don't see that anywhere in your post - although I could be missing it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

    contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete